We are calling on the Government to increase funding for people with dementia and their families in our Pre-Budget Submission 2019 'Dementia Supports Across Ireland - Building Communities of Care' - and we need your help.
According to a mapping project carried out by the ASI and the HSE’s National Dementia Office no county in Ireland has an acceptable level of dementia support.
Here, Ciara O'Reilly from our Wexford Services talks about dementia supports in her county.
You can make your own video and identify the absent services for care for people living with dementia in your own county.
1. Find out all the information about your county here
2. Use the following script:
Hi my name is _______________
I’m from _____________
And we don’t have basic dementia services in our county, for example we have no____________________
Let’s help build communities of care for everyone affected by dementia
(if you have any personal experiences of dementia please feel free to mention these)
3. When recording the video please remember to hold the camera/phone landscape (sideways) and please keep it under 30 seconds long.
4. Post to your social media accounts with #dementiasupports #whoweare
5. You can also send your video to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can share it on our social media if you would prefer.
Thank you for all your support.